As reported, Mr. Jiang Zengwei, the deputy minister of China Commerce Ministry, replied on the press conference on 13th, December that China will enhance the strength of the IPR infringement punishment from 6 aspects, including the completion on the civil evidence rule and increasing the penalty sum.
The specific measures include to research the revision on the criminal law for the strengthened deterrence with more scientific description on the crime; to draft the current effective measures into the judicial interpretation; to increase the penalty sum as times of the infringing products’ value; to complete the civil evidence rule; to research the increase on compensation; to research the application conditions for the great amount, serious consequence and serious circumstance in the criminal law for the more feasibility of the law.
Bridge IP Law Commentary believes such measures could benefit the protection over the IPR in China shall it could be enforced sufficiently.
More related posts from Bridge IP Law Commentary:
1. The Actual Term of Trademark Registration in China
2. The Easy Way to Reduce the Cost of International Trademark Application
3. How to Apply for the Trademark Record in China Custom
4. Attention Matters on Registration of Game Trademark in China
5. How to improve the success rate of trademark registration in China?
6. The Rapid Development of Trademark Registration in Middle China
7. Matters for Attention in Trademark Refusal Review in China
8. Introduction of China’s Legal System of Trademark Renewal
9. Introduction on the Regulations concerning the Capital Contribution in IPR or Domain Name in China
10. Could the Unregistered Trademark Legal Protected in China？
Author: Mr. You Yunting
Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Bridge IP Law Commentary
Partner & Attorney-at-law of Shanghai DeBund Law Offices
Email: Bridge@chinaiplawyer.com, Tel: 8621-5213-4900,
You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
Bridge IP Law Commentary is a website focus on the introduction of commercial laws in China, especially the intellectual property laws. All the posts here are our original works. And all news or cases referred here are from public reports, and our comments or analysis are of due diligence, neutrality and impartiality, representing our own opinions only and are our original works. You may contact us shall you have any opinions or suggestions.