As reported by Sina tech (the link is in Chinese), Attorney Ma Xiaodong, the legal representative of Proview, stated on 13th February that Proview is preparing the documents for the complaint to the custom house for the import prohibition of Apple’s iPad.
To Ma’s introduction, the Industry & Commerce Administration of Shandong, Hebei, Hunan, Sichuan and Guangdong (all are the provinces of China) has engaged in the trademark dispute, with most documents for the government’s investigation are provided by Proview. He also disclosed that the temporary administrative measures taken by the local organs vary among the provinces, among which the administration of Shijiazhuang, Hubei province detained the device, while in most other regions, iPad is only demanded for stop sale.
Ma also told Sina Tech that Proview is the sole owner of iPad trademark in mainland China, and Apple has been infringing the right, and “All facts are tremendously clear”.
He also pointed out that Proview has not made specific claim of the compensation to Apple in order for the conciliation with the tech giant, who actully however shows little sincerity for the negotiation and too arrogant to take any compensation Proview may claim.
Our related posts:
- No “iPad” Chinese trademark right for Apple after payment in the transaction, and our analysis——the Key points to the trademark transaction under the frame of China laws
- According to China Court’s First Instance Judgement, Apple Loses the iPad Trademark
- How to apply for the trademark registration in China?
- How to apply for the trademark record in China custom?
- How to improve the success rate of trademark registration in China?
- How to handle the trademark refusal?
- How to renew the trademark in China?